Friday, May 10, 2013

I am one happy momma! Actually let me rephrase that ....... I am one BLESSED momma! God has shown me time and time again that when we rely completely on him and put our trust completely in him he will always provide. And he has provided a miracle in my sweet Paislyn. I have so many feelings in me but the most overwhelming one is THANKFULNESS:) I am so thankful that this is Paislyns last open heart surgery! WE ARE DONE!! As Paislyns surgeon came out to tell us she was done I couldn't hold back the tears..... We had done it, we have climbed the huge mountain that always seemed to big to even think about going over and it was that moment of relief and thanksgiving....God had brought my baby through not one, not two, but three open heart surgeries! As I sit back and think about the day when the doctor told me that my almost 3 week old baby probably wouldn't survive Her first surgery and see how far we have come I have only 3 words to say.......GOD IS GOOD! We've been given a gift, well many gifts through out this journey..... I have the most amazing little girl a mom could ask for, these amazing doctors have "fixed" my babies heart so she is able to live a full life, but my most important gift is this.... I have encountered God in a way that I would have never been able to if I had not been on this journey. God has made me fall flat on my face and put all my trust in him more times than I was ever prepared for. I have learned that Gods love and grace and mercy is more than we will ever need. He tells us if we fully rely and trust in him he will provide for our needs and wow he has done that for me!!!! Even in the small things God is there..... I can't tell you how happy my heart is!

Today Paislyn is doing great! She is not even 24 hours post op and she has been on the regular Peds floor since 11:30 this morning! She has been such a trooper:) late last night she got her vent(breathing tube) removed and this morning she got her folly (catheter) removed, her arterial line, and her IV that went straight to her heart :) She is suppose to get another one removed tomorrow :) I am so thankful for how well she has done! She was really thirsty and drank lots of water and apple juice but other than that she has pretty much just rested all day today, which is good :) She's such a strong little girl! I LOVE her so much! Thanks again for everyone's prayers! Continue to please pray peace over the "hospital stay" with our circumstances but I know God has that in his hands too :) I am a very thankful, happy, and Blessed Mommy :)







3 comments:

  1. Aubrey,
    what a testimony you are to all of us! God never fails us and your reliance on Him through these times is unwavering. It speaks to my heart! You are such a godly example of how we are to fall on our knees in complete surrender to Him, no matter our circumstance. Thank you for that. We will continue to keep your sweet Paislyn in our prayers along with your entire family. God bless you, sweet girl as you continue on your journey.
    Sheri Welker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey, I am so glad to hear that Paislyn is doing so well! Our God is awesome and may He continue to bless your family as you travel down His path. Will continue to keep the prayers coming for Paislyn!
    Anne Geiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic news! Paislyn has grown into an absolutely beautiful little girl from your pictures. A little girl so happy and full of grace. What a truly amazing story and testimony of just how great and powerful our God is! I'm sure at times it seems like you have been dealt a rough and unfair hand but remember He will only give you as much as he knows (with his help) you can handle!! Quite frankly many parents would have given up hope and trust in God the very moment they were given the news of Paislyn's condition but not you and not your family. It simply pushed you to the test and made your faith grow strong. It really is no surprise your little miracle is so amazing, look at who she has been surrounded by and what example You first hand have led her by! Continued thoughts your way! !

    ReplyDelete