Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amazed

Paislyn Loves bath time!

She was laughing for no reason! I love it!

Paislyn on our walk : )

Yep, she's a DIVA!

She loved swinging!

Just too cute!
As I look at Paislyn I am truly amazed by how well she is doing. She is almost 8 months old and has gone through not 1, but 2 open heart surgeries. Paislyn laughs, plays, jabbers, rolls over, loves to eat ( as you can tell), SMILES ALL THE TIME, and has the sweetest and spunkiest spirit! You would never know that she has something wrong with her. If that is not proof that we have such an amazing God I am not sure what is! I sometimes feel like I have been living a dream and I don't remeber certain parts of her life. I feel like the first couple months were a blur, which makes me sad, but at the same time it is becasue of God that she even made it past those first couple of months. I remember very clearly the day that the doctor came in and told us that there would be no point in doing an open heart surgery for Paislyn. That doctor obviously didn't know just how Big our God is! I look at my baby girl now and all she has went through and am in total amazement! She is doing awesome! The past week I have been so amazed by her. She makes me stronger and more thankful every morning that I pick her up out of her crib and see her sweet smile. Sometimes I don't think we realize how lucky we are. I sit back and look at other people's situations and know just how truly blessed I am. It breaks my heart to see and hear other people struggling, but I know God has a plan and a purpose. As Paislyn's mommy I feel it is my job show others how God has worked in Paislyn's life, that is why God gave me such a precious gift. Paislyn has been such a joy since we have been home. She has been her loving, smiley self. She is sitting up playing with her toys, laying on the floor playing, kicking those crazy legs of hers, and of course smiling at us all the time. It is so nice to have my Paislyn back : ) We have been able to take her on walks, let her swing outside, and love on her just like we did before. I am so thankful this second stage surgery is over. It went so great and we have been so very blessed.  I know that I love Paislyn more than anything in this world, and I TRUST God that he has a plan for her life. She is here to show the world that miracles happen and God is in control. I am excited about the next year or so just to experience life with Paislyn. We have a lot of fun things planned this summer and I am excited to enjoy my daughter. I truly feel honored to have such a special little girl :) My prayers for Paislyn are that she is not ever ashamed by what she has went through or her scar, but that she is honored and uses it as an oppertunity to show the love of Christ to others. God has given her a constant reminder of his power and love, and I hope she will embrace what a mighty God we serve. I hope she will be talking to her friends on the playground about God and how he was by her side through the toughest time in her life. I know she will grow to be an amazing little girl, and I am honored to be that amazing little girl's mommy!

2 comments:

  1. And she is very lucky to have YOU as her mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey you are such a great writer. Thanks for sharing your heart. Paislyn is such a miracle, and a blessing to us and so many who don't even know her. You will have to tell her some day when she grows up, that by 8 months of age, her little life was impacting so many in a positive way. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete