Monday, April 18, 2011

A Special Thank You

Paislyn's Beautiful Cards

As I pulled up my driveway late tonight I saw a package in my mailbox. I assumed it was something I had ordered last week. I went in the house and opened it up and was blown away. Tonight Paislyn received 21 "Get Well Soon" cards from Mrs. Rosch's 2nd grade classroom from Ottoville Elementary. I read every card and was so touched to see the love from these children to my little girl. For all of you that know me probably are wondering how a 2nd grade class from Ottoville knew about Paislyn, well this is how. When I was pregnant with Paislyn I went to Dr. Kindig's office and loved her and all of her nurses as well. The night of Paislyn's benefit Lisa Filhart handed me a card and told me to open it. I immediately asked her if it would make me cry, because I was already WAY EMOTIONAL, and she responded by saying, "yes, you should probably open it later." Well when I got home I opened it and I was a blubbering mess! The card had a letter in it and a picture of 4 beautiful little girls. It was from Kandis, a nurse and her family from Dr. Kindig's office. The letter explained that when the girls first heard about Paislyn they told their mom that they didn't want anything for Christmas. They told their mom to buy them each a Little Miss Miracle T-shirt and give the rest of the money to Paislyn. Well, I was blown away. I was so humbled that 4 little girls cared that much for my precious baby. I was truly amazed! God put Paislyn in their hearts for a reason, and I am so blessed by that. They are exceptional little ladies! So I would like to give a special thank you to The Brinkman family for caring so much about Paislyn and for all your thoughts and prayers! I would also like to say thank you to Mrs. Rosch's 2nd grade class for taking the time to send such beautiful cards! I will read them all to Paislyn tomorrow! We appreciate you all so much and for everyone who has cared about Paislyn and our family during this time! THANK YOU!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww that is the sweetest thing I have ever read.. It is so sweet of those little girls. That just brought tears to my eyes... That was very sweet and considerate of all of them... What great people !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too sweet! Have they ever gotten to meet her? maybe you could take her to "show & share" at school? they would love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of this caring family and this classroom and teacher who care so much about others!May God Bless them as much as they have been a blessing to our sweet Paislyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we could all just live as children!! So sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Kandis was one of the many nurses that was heaven sent during my miscarriage. She was always there to greet me with a hug and helped me out the back door so no one had to see me crying. She is an amazing woman as well as everyone else in that office. I love them ladies. :0)

    ReplyDelete