Monday, April 4, 2011

Let Me Tell You About My God



 
She is starting to smile again!

Paislyn's adorable purse from Grandma Kathi

Our family : )

My beautiful baby girl on our first walk around the peds floor!

God's precious child!

I am amazed more and more everyday at what God is doing in my little girl. I began to get a little worried last night when I looked at Paislyn. Every time I looked or talked to her, her eyes would roll back in her head and she wouldn't smile at me. I began to feel anxious at why she was acting SO different. It just didn't seem like my Paislyn. She had a pretty good night, although I didn't sleep much : ) They had given her a little more drugs to keep her comfortable, and then she slipped off into yet another deep sleep. Finally, she woke up and I looked in her eyes and she gave me a half smile : ) I rejoiced inside! I was so excited! Paislyn's smile lights up my world. Her sweet spirit shines through her smile and it seemed so odd to not see it. About 12 today my mom, dad, grandma Kathi, and Aunt Mary came to see Paislyn. She still was not real smiley, just very tired. We went to lunch, I went and bought her a balloon, and then we came back to see her. My little girl was starting to return. My grandma Kathi got Paislyn the most adorable purse with her name embroidered on it! She loves it! The Hammitt's also sent us a package today filled with awesome stuff and Paislyn got a purse rattle and loves that too! She was so happy. She started smiling a little more and it made me feel so much better. It was around that time when she spotted the balloon. We put it by her crazy fast feet and she went to town, my little girl was back! I almost cried. I am overwhelmed with thanks and gratitude today. The University of Michigan Hospital has the most talented and nicest staff. They have helped fix my little girl's heart, of course with the help of our most amazing God. I sit here and think about how lucky I am to have people who can do these types of surgeries. Paislyn looks so great from the outside, and on the inside she still has a few things that need fixed, but I can't wait until Paislyn can begin to share her testimony. God has been so faithful. I have cried out to him more in the last few months than I ever have in my life. I see now that I need to continue to praise him and serve him just the same every single day. I know that Paislyn would not be where she is today without God. He has continued to protect her and keep her safe. If I could tell you anything that I have learned during this experience it is this... Even in the storms of life that God is merciful and faithful. He has not left me one time and he has made me trust and love him more in the last 7 months than I have in my life. I feel like that in and of itself is worth it. I am not the same person I was 7 months ago. God has spoke to me in a big way and I am thankful for everything he has done! Paislyn has been a gift to me and many other people. She is doing amazing and has had an awesome day. We have been so blessed! We are hoping to come home on Wednesday! : ) That is the latest news, so we will see..... :)

4 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day and she is a very loved little girl who our God has BIG plans for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check this blog and Facebook regularly to see how your little princess is doing. Thanks for being so transparent and for all that you share! Love it! I can say there are many of us who have grown through this experience Aubrey. The purpose is multifaceted.

    Can't wait to squeeze that sweet baby again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey,
    I look forward to reading updates on Paislyn everyday!! She is just an amazing little girl, our GOD is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a good day yesterday! She is doing so well..God is Great! You'll all be so glad to get Paislyn home..and moving forward with your lives!

    ReplyDelete