Friday, April 22, 2011

By His Mercy and Grace

Today Paislyn had a follow up appointment with her cardiologist! We walked into the hospital and people were commenting left and right about how beautiful Paislyn is. It melts my heart to hear people say that, and it also is a great conversation starter to share Paislyn's testimony. God orchestrates our steps and he did just that today. As we were getting ready to leave the registration desk and walk to the appointment one of the ladies stops mom and says, "Wait, do you remember, I prayed for you and your grand baby", and then she saw Paislyn and was overjoyed. The day I delivered Paislyn was a crazy day as most of your know. My parents had left to go home for awhile, and in that couple of hours a lot happened. My brother needed to get blood work so my mom brought him with her when she came back to the hospital. Well, it was at that time that Dr. Allen walked in and told Jacob and I that Paislyn needed to be transferred to Toledo Children's Nicu. Jacob called my mom, who was down in registration with my brother, to tell her the news. Of course my mom and brother both lost it and this is when this woman was there to pray with my mom. She laid her hands on her and prayed for Paislyn. She told us today that she was just thinking about Paislyn the other day and wondered how she was. She said that God planned for her to see us today and she gave Paislyn a big hug and kiss. It made her day! God is soo good!  Dr. Hennessey thought Paislyn looked great today. He said, "Wow, she had a BIG surgery and she looks really good." She weighed 18 lbs. 5 oz and was 28 in. long. Paislyn was clapping her hands ( her new trick) , and eating her snacks having a good time. He then said, "There was a time when she was in Toledo, that I didn't think we would be where we are today."  I remember that day like it was yesterday. The nurses told me to give her one more kiss and then I needed to lay her in the crib. She was so fragile, and they didn't think she would even survive a transfer to Michigan. Well let me tell you something... God was NOT going to let that happen! He totally intervened and gave Paislyn the strength she needed to get through those couple days and off to Michigan we went. She has done awesome with 2 open heart surgeries and she is anything but, FRAGILE ; ) I give all the glory to God! He has shown me how merciful and powerful he truly is. I am so thankful to hear all the great reports about Paislyn and am so lucky to have her with me each and everyday. God couldn't of given me a greater gift!

"I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you and I will proclaim my name, the Lord."  Exodus 33:19

3 comments:

  1. What a story she has honey and as you re-tell it, I re-live each moment and word...OUR GOD IS GOOD AND HE HAS TRULY BEEN SO MERCIFUL TO OUR PAISLYN! If that isn't an assurance of the plans He has for her, nothing is! We are so blessed to be a part of her journey and I'm excited to watch it unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loved reading this... gives me inspiration and motivation for my morning! She is such a strong little girl with a great family to help her out! This is a neat little site and I am glad to hear she is doing well. SHE IS SO ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubrey, I have been following along with your blog and praying for Paislyn. I love how you said that God orchestrates our steps; I could not agree more. Case in point, I met your aunt Jean yesterday!

    Paislyn is a doll, and I totally agree that our heart babies are anything but fragile!

    ReplyDelete