Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So happy and ready to go home!

Beautiful baby

At Home in her swing : )


Watching cartoons at HOME :)
Last night I was pretty sure that we would not be going home today. Paislyn was still not acting herself and was hooked up to IV fluids. It was about 1 am and Paislyn was being fussy. The Nurse Practitioner came in and noticed that her central line was leaking into her leg making it very puffy with fluid, she decided she had to pull the line out. She then looked at me and said, "Ok mom, here are our choices.. we can put another Iv in her arm to give her more fluid which I don't want to do, or we can put a feeding tube in just overnight to make sure she is getting fluid." I told her I didn't like either choice lol :) I then asked her if I could try the bottle with her just ONE MORE TIME:) She said of course! I began feeding Pay her bottle as EVERYONE stood around her bed to watch, more like wait to see if she threw it up. GUESS WHAT...... She didn't! I was so happy. I knew she could do it! I then gave her a few more bottles over night and she did well. This morning she was pretty fussy, but the Nurse Practitioner said she imagined she had a bad "Hemi-headache". We gave her some meds and she was fine : ) We got everything all packed up and were ready to head for home. I was so excited, and so thankful that Paislyn did so well. I  felt sad for the families we left behind, families that had been there longer than us and who I knew would love to be heading home as well. I will continue to pray for all of the families we got so close with :) Paislyn did awesome on the ride home. We walked in the door and she was pretty fussy. Jake took her around the house to show her, her room, her crib, and then ...."the picture". LOL The same picture I talked about in previous blogs..... it seriously made her smile so BIG, she knew she was HOME : ) Paislyn has been a joy to have home. She is smiley and loves playing with all her toys. I sit here and think.. Paislyn had Open Heart Surgery just 5 days ago and we are home..... God had his hands on Paislyn from the day we got there and I believe that with all my heart. He is a miracle worker and I feel so totally BLESSED with my little girl. I can truly say I wouldn't change a thing about Paislyn. I hate to see her go through it, but God has made her so special. It moments like these where I can sit back and think about all she has went through at just 7 months old. It makes her that much more incredible to me: ) He has big plans for Paislyn and he has changed me in the process. Thank you everyone for caring so much for Paislyn. I am so thankful for each and every one of you that take the time to pray for her. The power of prayer is amazing! I never imagined that we would be home this early, but Paislyn is so happy and so are we! We give all the credit to God, without him we wouldn't be where we are today!

7 comments:

  1. that is awesome girl !!! i am so happy to see you guys are home.. that was how it was with my little girl.. we were home in a week as well and it was so nice and fast compared to the first surgery she had it was the longest 4-5 weeks ever !!! so i hope her last 3rd stage goes just as fast as her 2nd one !!!! good luck with everything and i wish the best for you all !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God answers courageous prayers and He has heard ours! He is so faithful when we trust Him completely and it has been a beautiful thing to watch you and Jake lean on the Lord through this journey. We are a blessed family and Paislyn is a loved baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she is home. "The picture" cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy for Paislyn, Jake and for you, Aubry...we prayed last night for you guys and for your journey home. God is good. We have been trying to keep Matthew down but he is in to everything...making up for the last 6 days away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading these Aubrey. I'm so elated to hear you guys are home and doing so great already. It is hard to believe that she had open heart less than a week ago but that just goes to show how strong Paislyn is. You guys are so amazing and she is one special little girl. So glad everything is well...i will continue to pray and keep you guys in my thoughts:) Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again we see the true work of God in our midst. Aubrey you are so right when you give all the credit and glory to our Lord for bringing you all through this season. Paislyn has a destiny and a future and the Lord is holding it all in perfect balance as you fuel it with prayers of faith!
    Your blogs continue to bolster my faith as we read the progress of beautiful Paislyn. Thank you for remaining in Him as you walk this road. You and your whole family are being bathed in prayer. So glad your home!!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aubrey- I love reading your blog!! it's so inspiring to see how well Paislyn is doing!! I am so happy to hear she was able to go home and is doing well. I hope that she continues on this same path of healing! She is def God's little miracle. Will continue praying for you guys. Let me know if you need anything.
    Ashley Sherer

    ReplyDelete