Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Encouraging News

I anxiously awaited 3 p.m today to hear from Dr. Hirsch. I was blown away at what she had to say. She preceded to tell me that she thinks Paislyn is doing great. She is very encouraged by her oxygen saturations being in the high 80"s, which is very good for a heart baby. I at first was feeling discouraged, because selfishly I want her surgeries over with and it didn't sound like I was getting "the date" like I was desperately seeking. Dr. Hirsch then explained to me that all right heart babies are different, and she referred to Paislyn as a "tweener". Some babies need there second surgery right at 6 months of age, some babies do not need a 2nd surgery at all, and some babies (like Paislyn), are in between! We are now just waiting....... : ) We are watching her oxygen levels and making sure they do not fall under the 70's range.  BUT........ Dr. Hirsch did say that she doesn't think Paislyn will need a 3rd surgery at ALL! : ) That is a PRAISE GOD : ) I want them to do anything and everything they have to do to make my little girl healthy, but the less the better! We are going to go to University of Michigan Hospital so Paislyn can get a sedated Echo cardiogram. After Dr. Hirsch reads the Echo she will them be able to tell us a little bit more about what will need to happen in Paislyn's future. At that point Dr. Hirsch will schedule Paislyn for a heart cath when necessary. I really feel that this phone call was God ordained and it was able to relieve me from a little stress I was carrying. I had a breakdown with my mom last night, and I was struggling. I know that God has Paislyn's life all planned out and I need to be strong for her and walk her through it. I feel like what I heard today was good news for me. Yes, we still don't know when or, if, or how far away her next surgery is, but God does.... and I have to trust that when it happens it will be at the exact time it needs to be for my baby girl! I feel like this is another way of God showing me I just need to TRUST him. We don't always get the answers we want when we want them, but we have to Trust that God has it all in control, and I do believe he does! 

" Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Please listen to this song that was introduced to me by my Aunt Jean, and it has helped me SO MUCH! It truly has helped me have a peace in my heart : ) " Be still and know he is in control, he will NEVER LET ME GO" ...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGCHecATSGs

1 comment: