Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ready Or Not Here We Come....

The day has arrived. I have to admit before now I had kind of blocked it out of my mind. As I did laundry and packed our bags on Monday I wasn't emotional at all. I just kept myself busy and tried not to think about it. Paislyn was a little fussy Monday night and she wouldn't go to sleep. I felt a little overwhelmed, but I decided it would be the perfect time to just pray over her. I gave her a bottle and looked in her eyes and just prayed. I prayed that God would protect her during her surgery, and that she would feel peace inside her heart and body. I prayed that she would recover remarkably and that God would comfort her and hold her when I couldn't. She fussed a little bit after that so I walked around the house with her. She then spotted "the picture" on our wall and stopped crying and gave me a huge smile! For those of you who don't know what "the picture" is, it is a picture that was taken in her Little Miss Miracle onesie and tutu the day after we came home from her 1st surgery. I don't know what it is about this picture, but every time Paislyn sees it she gets the biggest smile on her face. Maybe she sees what a miracle she truly is. Maybe it's her way of thanking God for how far he has brought her already... who knows, all I know is that something about that picture blesses her heart. Tuesday rolled around and I felt a little more overwhelmed. I cried and cried for about 20 min when I first got up and then I felt better. I allowed myself just a moment of weakness and then looked at my baby girl with such Joy. I have watched her develop into such an amazing little girl and am so thankful that God chose me to be her mommy. Being a mom is the most amazing thing in the world. I have such an amazing mother!I want to tell her and everyone else how much I truly apppreciate her. My mom has always been there for me. She has been such a cheerleader for me through this time in my life. No matter how bad of day Paislyn was having in the hospital, my mom would encourage me and tell me it was going to be ok. She would be strong for me when I couldn't. Yes, I know there would be times when she would leave the room to "go the bathroom" and cry, but she always put on a strong face for me. Love ya mom and thank you for helping me through this tough time. I hope I will always be that kind of mom to my children. I would have to say I have had a pretty emotional day today. It really is hard concept to think about. A few members from our church came over today to lay hands on Paislyn, and I was so grateful. It is so nice to see how many people really truly care about her.  Tonight we had a little get together at my mom and dads house so we could pray for Paislyn before we leave tomorrow. We had all of our grandparents over and it was a nice time.  I am truly blessed with an awesome family who loves and supports us! They are awesome! Well we are leaving tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. to head to Michigan. Paislyn will have a heart cath at 8 or 8:30. This procedure will be about 3 hours long. Please pray for no complications or blood clots during or after the heart cath. We will then have the rest of the day to love on, pray with, and hold our precious Paislyn before her surgery early Friday morning. I want to rest in assurance tonight that GOD will hold, comfort, and protect Paislyn all the days of her life! He is the great physician and I have faith that he will guide the doctors hands tomorrow and Friday. Please continue to pray for a smooth procedure and surgery and for a fast recovery for my baby girl. I do know that God gave me her for a reason and I will walk with her every step of the way. I am blessed and fortunate to have such a loving and beautiful little girl. Continue to lift her up and pray peace over our family in the upcoming days. We will get through it and we thank all of you for loving us enough to go through it with us! I will continue to try and blog as much as I can to keep everyone updated! I am going to "rest inside because it's going to be alright!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGCHecATSGs      "ARMS THAT HOLD THE UNIVERSE - FEE"

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. "  Proverbs 3:5,6


"Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."    Psalm 28:6, 7

6 comments:

  1. Aubrey, You are a wonderful, strong mother just like your mom. I agree that God gave you one of the best. I can't imagine what it is like for you during these times but I know the God you believe in is an amazing God. He will give you the strength and peace that can only come from him. Thanks for sharing your heart. We love and miss all of you. Linda Grosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be more proud of who you are Aubrey and the strength you have in our Lord. You are an incredible young woman, wife and mother and I am so happy God chose me to be your mother! As hard as this time is, and it IS hard, it is also a time of rejoicing in the healing process of our precious Paislyn and we will be able to watch her grow stronger each day...and how amazing that will be! I love you dearly, sweetheart....and IT'S ALL GONNA BE ALRIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love , Love it when you share your heart and your faith in God! Thank you for sharing and we will definitely will be raising you all up in prayer especially "Little Miss Miracle".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubrey I don't even know what to write. You pulled all my heart strings with your post and I cried reading it to Uncle Joe. You are an amazing mom, and have an amazing little girl. We wish we were there to help you. But since we can't physically be near by, we will be near in prayers!

    Be still and know He's in control....HE WILL NEVER LET YOU GO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey, you are such a wonderful mom! Breaks my heart that such a special little girl has to go through so much. She is too happy of a baby to have to go through something so heart breaking! Your family is so supportive and I know you will get through all of this like it's nothing! Tons of prayers for Little Paislyn and your entire family! I will be thinking of you guys the next couple days! It's all in God's hands now, and I am sure he has many wonderful things ahead for Little Miss Miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aubrey- you are such a great mother to sweet Paislyn. It is such an inspiring story to watch, as we all know everything with be alright, and that God is with you all every step of the way. Please know there are a TON of people praying for your baby girl!! ~Ashley Sherer

    ReplyDelete