Friday, March 4, 2011

Listening To God

As I was doing my devotions I came across "the word of the day", and the word was RELY. It was like a slap in the face for me. I need to rely on God in ALL circumstances. God will not give me more than I can handle and he will not let me face these trials alone. I feel so comforted in Gods love, and know that I need to place Paislyn in Gods hands. It is such a hard task to do sometimes, but I know that he will protect her. I fell completely in love with that little 5lbs 15 oz baby girl 6 months ago, and it is hard to believe, but God loves her so much more than I every could. I never would have imagined my life the way it is now, but I see how much God is working in me. I am not perfect, and never have been, but I feel honored that God trusted me.. regular ole' Aubrey to take care of such a special and incredible little girl. I mean really she truly has the most amazing spirit and I can see her spunky and sweet personalty shining through already. I am truly BLESSED by what God has done in my life and for my Paislyn Nicole. I know that there are many families facing worse circumstances than mine, and I hurt for them and continue to pray for them.  I am blessed by the impact Paislyn has had on my life. I know that the road ahead will not be easy, but I also know that when we reach the end of the road someday I will be rejoicing with my little girl at what a miraculous God we serve. Paislyn will have experienced first hand God's mercy and grace, and there is nothing better than that. God has given Paislyn such an awesome testimony. She truly is our "Little Miss Miracle", and such an awesome miracle she is. I selfishly ask for specific prayer for peace for Jacob and I in the upcoming weeks. I have a phone consultation with Dr. Hirsch (Paislyn's surgeon) on March 9th, and am anxiously awaiting the news. I am ready, I am ready for this to be over and ready to see what God has in store for Paislyn's life. I know I need to be patient and rest in God's peace and know that with him all things are possible. I know he will continue to guide my family and I every step of the way. Thank you for your prayers, I am so thankful for everyone of you that has been there for us during this journey. You truly are Paislyn's prayer warriors and we love you all!

1 comment:

  1. As hard as it all is, God DID choose you guys to be her parents and I'm so glad He placed her in a family that loves Him so much. You look at these little babies and they seem so little and fragile but they are soooo much stronger than we they look. I think God gives them a stronger will or something!(uh-oh look out teenage years)We will be praying for your little miss miracle!!!!Love, The Schooler family(Bowens Grandparents)

    ReplyDelete